Are you looking for a good email marketing platform? Or maybe you're looking to switch providers? I've been there, I know what it's like! It almost seems impossible to find exactly what you're looking for. But rest assured, for email marketing, ConvertKit has done it! What is the best email marketing service provider? It's not MailChimp or Aweber (they're great, but not that great). ConvertKit may be your solution.
If you've worked in email marketing and have a list, you may know some of the common frustrations. How can I set my email's up to be automated to my subscribers? How do I make the process and auto response the same for everyone, rather than having an auto auto-responder that just sends to my entire list despite when they signed up?
That can be frustrating I know. I'm going to write a brief review of ConvertKit, an email marketing platform that is made specifically for bloggers and affiliate marketers.
ConvertKit is an email auto auto-responder and service provider for those of you who have an email list that you mail to consistently. They provide you with the most basic forms of lead capture pages, forms to embed in your website or landing page, and they even give you access to create a separate landing page if you'd like.
Their sole purpose is to make email marketing easier for bloggers and affiliate marketers, so they can focus on writing good content and reviews.
ConvertKit hasn't been around quite as long as some of the big dogs like MailChimp and Aweber, but they sure give the two a run for their money! Personally, I started with MailChimp. They seemed to be the most well-known and have the most options for integration's, but once I tried ConvertKit's free trial, I was hooked and said goodbye to MailChimp!
The Good & The Bad
- Options to create multiple forms and landing pages geared toward their purpose
- Training videos to teach you exactly how to use their service, as well as educational content for new email marketers
- Ability to set up email sequences so new subscribers can start from email 1, and not jump in on your thousandth email not knowing what's going on!
- Ability to set up multiple email sequences geared toward each subscriber's interests. For example, if one subscriber reads about nutrition and the other reads about your fitness posts, you can have each subscriber set up on a different email sequence.
- Tracks all form and landing page conversion ratios
- Does not count subscribers that have subscribed to multiple of your lists more than once! Most companies like MailChimp will count one email address twice if that email has subscribed to two of your forms.
- Integrates very easily and perfectly with WordPress
- Gives you both a numbers and a graph view of trending subscriber activity
- Allows for double and single opt in services
- Allows for use of affiliate marketing (MailChimp was on my tail for inserting a recommended tool to my subscribers, soooo frustrating!)
- Used by some of the top internet email marketers and bloggers like Pat Flynn
- They give you a free trial to see for yourself!
- Some may want more options to customize forms, but ConvertKit made it very easy and simple on purpose. They want it to be just that, a form with a basic message and objective to capture leads.
- May not integrate with EVERY website builder just yet due to emerging company in the email marketing category.
- Can't think of anything else! Seriously!
Who is ConvertKit for?
ConvertKit was made with the blogger in mind. However best said it works best with bloggers, affiliate marketers, and any online website with an objective of building an email list to send emails to frequently at different stages.
Basically, they are for anyone who does business online! You will notice they market to bloggers mainly. I have multiple websites in ecommerce, blogging, affiliate marketing, etc and it works absolutely perfect AND BETTER than any other company for each of those categories.
ConvertKit Price Options & Overview
They knew when they set up their service that such an easy and important task as email marketing should not be expensive. It should be simple, affordable, and effective! With that in mind, they give you a free 14-day trial to test their service! They're that confident you'll fall in love. Here is a snapshot of the different options they have to offer:
My Personal Opinion on ConvertKit
Is the product worth it? Absolutely! If you can't tell already through reading this post, I definitely recommend ConvertKit. If you use MailChimp or Aweber, switch. It's so much easier, simpler, and more effective for your subscribers! And hey, what's there to lose? Give their trial a shot and see for yourself.
Are there better options? If so what is my recommendation? For Someone who simply wants something that's free for a lot of subscribers, I'd say MailChimp is the way to go. They are known for their free service for up to a large amount of subscribers. But remember, you get what you pay for. They will have multiple restrictions and are not nearly as user-friendly. But I'd be lying to say that it may work better for some people.
If you're a blogger, ConvertKit is for you. If you want to make some side money recommending products with affiliate marketing, ConvertKit is also for you!
ConvertKit combined with this website building platform (my favorite platform for online businesses see more with this link) will make you unstoppable no matter what your business is!
To get a second opinion from someone even more qualified, see what Pat Flynn has to say about ConvertKit, and why he switched to ConvertKit from Aweber & Infusionsoft!
ConvertKit Quick Review & Summary
ConvertKit is intended for: anyone with an online business looking to grow a following
ConvertKit Price: FREE trial – then starts at $29/month
Overall Ranking out of ten: 10/10
Competitors & Potential Other Options
If you are an email marketer, you will want to be sure to check out this online business building platform. Along with ConvertKit, I use them to grow my online businesses, and have even seen multiple people on the inside begin to make a nice amount of passive income! Here is my review of them.
What do you look for in an email marketing platform and why? Who have you found to be your best option for your specific business? Post your response below!