Did you know it was possible to start a blog even if you don't have any prior experience? You've got to start somewhere, right? Don't let yourself believe that those famous bloggers that make more in a week than you do in a day are all geniuses, because it certainly doesn't take a genius to start a blog and generate a little extra cash from it.
There are many famous bloggers in any niche that started right where you are today, looking for advice on how to build your first blogging website.
There's good news. It can be done. I'm going to show you how to start a blog for free with no prior experience in just 4 easy steps. I'll show you where you can get started for free and how many famous blogs got to where they are today.
How To Start A Blog For Free In 4 Easy Steps
One problem people get into fairly quickly is they over complicate the process. That's why I follow this 4 step process that has worked since blogs even existed. Whether they know it or not, even successful bloggers follow this 4 step process, because it's bullet proof, and frankly it's the only effective way to go!
Step 1 – Choose A Topic
This can often take up a lot of time, so don't be tempted to get side tracked and think too hard when choosing your blog topic. Here are a few things to keep in mind when deciding your topic:
- You will be writing about this topic for a long time, so it's important that you choose a topic you are passionate about. Otherwise, you will get burnt out too quickly.
- Broader topics do not equal better potential. In fact, it's just the opposite. If you choose too broad of a topic like “Fitness”, you won't have much direction to go and your visitors won't stay as engaged. You want to be very specific and choose a niche audience such as “Fitness tips for pregnant women”. Its defined, and it's got a specific audience but still a very large audience. This will result in people coming back to your website because you are seen as the specialist for “Fitness & Pregnant Women”.
- Make sure your topic of choice has a plethora of potential sub-topics you can write about. Think of common questions, how to's, frustrations, concerns, etc. of the people searching for information related to your niche topic.
An easy way to decide what topic to choose is to make a list of 10-15 hobbies, passions, activities, or things you are passionate about and want to learn more about.
From that list, pick your top 3 choices and make a new list. With those 3 choices, narrow down to a more specific niche. Try to choose 3 detailed niches from each of the 3 original topics.
You should now have 9 detailed niche ideas that you could create your blog around. From the list of 9, choose your top 3 again, and ultimately pick the one that has the biggest potential audience AND the one that you are most passionate about.
Step 2 – Build A Website
This is often the step that detracts people from ever getting started. Building a website is actually very easy with today's technology. No experience is needed in coding or programming don't worry. And the best part is, you can start for free while building your blog foundation.
For sake of this article, we're going to show you how to do this using the internet's most user-friendly and trusted website host SiteRubix.
With SiteRubix, you will be able to set up your domain name, and integrate with the worlds largest website builder WordPress. You can choose from hundreds of free website templates already made for you, and begin creating awesome content.
How to build your website using SiteRubix:
- Determine your blog's brand name that will be easy for people to remember, and relevant to your niche topic.
- Choose a domain name that fits your niche topic, and your desired direction of your website. Using the domain name box below, enter your desired domain name to check it's availability. Your free domain name will look something like “FitnessForPregnantWomen.SiteRubix.com”. Click “Build it Now” to reserve that domain name.
- Choose which website template you want for your website among the many options you will see listed.
- Begin building content and organizing your website
Its that easy, and takes less than 5 minutes to follow. To get started, enter your preferred domain name in the SiteRubix domain name below to see that it's available.
Step 3 – Attract an AudienceYour website will get no traction or growth if you don't have visitors. You need to make your website visible to search engines and social communities. This is the marketing aspect of your website. There are 2 main ways to get your website noticed online that you need to focus on:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Engagement
These two aspects of marketing your website will be your biggest traffic generators. Search engine optimization is referring to getting your website noticed by search engines through things such as keyword research. Click here to learn more about using keyword research for your website search engine optimization.
If you don't have social media accounts for the following social media platforms, it's a good idea to go create one now as it will help grow your traffic and reach different audiences:
You can utilize other platforms as well such as Instagram, LinkedIn, and many others. But the above 4 are great starting points and most effective when starting gout.
Step 4 – Earn Revenue
As your website visitors grows each day, you will have more and more potential to earn money (if desired). The most common ways to earn money from your blog is through affiliate marketing, email marketing, and placing ads on your website with Google Adsense.
The Determining Factor of Your Blog's Success
The majority of bloggers and website owners fail to succeed because they become impatient in the process. Blogging and gaining traffic doesn't happen overnight. Even search engine algorithm's that determine which websites to post on the first pages of a search, take into account how old the website is, how often it's updated and new posts are made, and how relevant the content is to the topic.
The key to success is keeping a consistent stream of new content on your blog and over time, naturally you will begin to see increases in traffic and a very successful blog.